jocastillo95

I moved out of my parents house at the start of September, and have been providing for myself all year (minus rent), can they claim me as a qualifying child or dependent?

I'm 22, made over $28K working full time, and was not a full time student. I did not pay rent to my parents, but I paid for all of my other expenses (car,  insurance, gas, food, etc). I did start paying my own rent when I moved out at the beginning of September.

Since you are age 19 or older, not a full time student and your gross income is $4,050 or more, then no one can claim you as a dependent.