nina2

I moved in early 2017. Which address do I use for my 1099-MISC for 2016? The one I was living at when consulting (for home office deductions) or my current address?

TomD8

And you can't file a 2016 1099-MISC with your 2017 return.  You'd have to file an amended 2016 return.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Are you working on a 2016 tax return?  Make sure you are using 2016 software!  You cannot use the current online software to prepare a 2016 return!
nina2

Yes, I managed to get a CD for that year's TurboTax.
TomD8

nina2

That's what I'm doing . . . thanks!
HelenC1

You must include your current address, so that the IRS can contact you regarding that tax return in the future, if they need to.

nina2

Thank you!