I mistakenly clicked for self-employed. I am a 1040 EZ but am still being changed for the upgrade. How do I get back to the free edition?

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Talk to a live expert to get the help you need.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2017 online tax return.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

Note - If you have entered a Form 1099-MISC with income shown in box 7 of the form, this would indicate to the program that you are self-employed, thereby requiring the use of the Self-Employed edition to report the income and expenses for your self-employment.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing