tracytrondson

I make less have more exemptions, he makes more has one exemption. who should claim head of household?

As indicated above:

The person who provided over 50% of the cost of maintaining a home if you are all in the same household.

You are not married?
re2boys

tracytrondson

we are no longer married but live in the same house. we both contribute to the house. truth be told i probably buy and provide more but he does pay the mortgage because he got the house in the divorce.
tracytrondson

i just wonder if he should claim head or me? he makes more $ than me and i let him claim our son. but i make less and claim my three from previous marriage

Did you live together all of 2016?
tracytrondson

yes

As indicated above: