Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I mailed the 8379 form for injured spouse April 13, 2015 and I have not heard anything from the IRS regarding status of the refund. How can I find this out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I mailed the 8379 form for injured spouse April 13, 2015 and I have not heard anything from the IRS regarding status of the refund. How can I find this out?

The IRS can process your Form 8379 before an offset occurs. If you file Form 8379 with your original return, it may take 11 weeks to process an electronically-filed return or 14 weeks if you filed a paper return. If you file the Form 8379 by itself after a joint return has been processed, then processing will take about 8 weeks. 

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203.html

If the refund is overdue then to talk to someone at the IRS, you could try the following. (Thanks to SuperUser epo39b for figuring out most of this sequence.)

Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 weekdays from 7am to 7pm local time.

At the first prompt press 1 for English.

At the next menu press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.

At the next menu press 1 for questions about a form you have already submitted, your tax history, or payment.

At the next menu press 4 for all other questions about your tax history or payment.

At the next menu press 2 for all other questions about your tax history or payment.

There will be a brief pause. When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything. After it asks twice, you will get another menu. Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It will then put you in the queue for a live agent, and tell you the estimated wait time.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies