naruhiko_hj

I mailed tax return to IRS. Returned with request for further documents, and I need advice.

They said: To support the amount of wage or withholding entry of --- on line 64, form 1040, submit:
 - Form W-2
 - Form W-2G
 - Form 1099-R
 - other forms reporting wage

Does this imply they are expecting more than W-2, or I am supposed to send only  W-2 if that is only thing applicable. Only  thing I can have in my mind, which I didnt report when I submit, was $1000 food ticket I got from my Country Club when I won bingo - Do I need to submit W-2G for that?

Thank you for your kind instructions.

AmyT

The IRS is looking for the original documents that show your withholding, which in your case is your W-2.

The list they provided is to give you potential sources that show tax withholdings that you reported.  

If there was no withholding on the W-2G that you received, you do not need to include that.  Please note, however, that the IRS does have a matching program and will pick up the winnings that were not originally reported.  They will most likely adjust your return (and refund) to account for the W-2G that was not originally reported.

AmyT