cmk1102

I made less than $2,000 in 2015. Do I have to report taxes?

I was also a student.

KarenL2

If you have no other income and all of that income was from W-2 wages (not self-employment, 1099-MISC, or investment income), then you don't have to file a tax return.

That said, if you had income taxes withheld from your W-2, you may want to file to get a refund of those taxes.

KarenL2

cmk1102

Is it true that you are required to file if you had a Marketplace health plan and received financial help with the premium costs for 2015? My parent was the primary insurance holder and I was one of the dependent.
KarenL2

It is true.  However, if you were a dependent on your parent's insurance and tax return, it is your parent who will file reporting the advanced premium credit.