kirisuna

I'm using turbo tax free. Where do I remove the personal deduction? I need to do this as my father already claimed me as a deduction.

MelaineC

If your parents claimed you, you will not have to remove the personal deduction because you will have to indicate on your return that they did claim you.  Once you do that, the applicable numbers and deductions will apply.  To change, and indicate that they can claim you, please see the steps below.

- Log into your account

- Go to the left, My Info then, select Edit when the page comes up.

- Scroll down to # 3 - A Few Things We Need To Know and under that select Someone else can claim me as a dependent on their tax return and save.  Then you can finish your return.  A screenshot of this page is attached below.

MelaineC

- Log into your account

kirisuna

Thank you!
MelaineC

You are welcome kirisuna.