maavl

I'm under a J2 visa. I want to transfer some money from Brazil (5k). Can I do that? Do I need to file something?

ErnieS0

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

Are you transferring money to yourself? Or to someone else? Under what circumstances? 

maavl

It is for myself (and my husband), from our savings account in Brazil

He got a new position (he will still be under J1 visa) and we are moving to another state, so we are thinking about transfer some money for our cross-country moving (and vacation)

maavl

It is for myself (and my husband), from our savings account in Brazil

We arrived in the US in August 2019 (I don't know if this info is necessary)

LinaJ2020

As a J- visa holder, you are considered as a nonresident for 2019 and 2020.  As TurboTax does not cover any nonresident filing, please contact Sprintax for details.