I'm trying to enter my 1099G form because I receiv...

kelliepurkey6

I'm trying to enter my 1099G form because I received unemployment due to the pandemic. I put it all my info, but when i try to move on, it keeps telling me needs review.

The only thing i can think of, is on my form box 10a and 10b are empty but shows an amount for box 11 (state income tax withheld"
JotikaT2

Yes, this is potentially the reason for being unable to review the return.  

If amounts are listed in box 11, then the state you are located in and the state ID number are also needed to ensure you receive credit in the correct state for any withholdings.

This will affect your overall state tax liability or refund.

The following link has all of the states listed.  Please select your state to find the applicable state ID number.

Link to state Department of Revenue sites

If you need additional assistance, please comment with your specific state, and we can assist you.

kelliepurkey6

My state is Michigan.

JotikaT2

Please see the attached link for the state ID number. 

Michigan Form 1099-G ID number information