Solved: I’m recently married and wanted to make sure that when I gave my husband my w2 to file with you guys earlier this year was that all I needed to do in order to file?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m recently married and wanted to make sure that when I gave my husband my w2 to file with you guys earlier this year was that all I needed to do in order to file?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

I’m recently married and wanted to make sure that when I gave my husband my w2 to file with you guys earlier this year was that all I needed to do in order to file?

If you are filing married jointly you are only required to file a single joint return that contains both spouses' tax information.

If the only tax document you had was a W-2, and it was included on the joint return along with all his relevant tax documents, that is all that is necessary.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 1

If you are filing married jointly you are only required to file a single joint return that contains both spouses' tax information.

If the only tax document you had was a W-2, and it was included on the joint return along with all his relevant tax documents, that is all that is necessary.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings