Solved: I'm not filing with my spouse and would like to fi...

rachraye285

I'm not filing with my spouse and would like to file my 2019 return. I got a prompt to make a new account but can't because my email is on file.

bluedeb

Not sure why you can't set up a new account, up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.

If you still want to start another return in TurboTax Online, here’s what to do:

1. Sign out of TurboTax Online.
  2. Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
  3. On the Create your account screen, set up a new user ID for the second return.
  4. You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
  5. Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
  6. After you've created the new account, you can start working on the second return.
  7. If you can't create a new account because your web browser automatically logs you into your old account, you may need to clear your browser history, cache and cookies.

bluedeb

1. Sign out of TurboTax Online.