turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jimbojefg

I'm married filing separately however my wife is acting up and will not provide her ssi# so my question is how do I obtain a copy of last year's tax return all info I need is on it it will help with n

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm married filing separately however my wife is acting up and will not provide her ssi# so my question is how do I obtain a copy of last year's tax return all info I need is on it it will help with n

a  transcript only contains the last 4 didgits.  don't know if a full copy of return would have complete SSN

I'm also guessing that you don't have access to the TT a/c that was used last year.  that only leaves you the option of mailing it in with a cover note explaining that your wife will not provide you with her SSN.  provide her full name and address.

this is where you can get burned if she already filed.  you must both use the same method either itemized or the standard deduction.  if she has already filed, hopefully she'll tell you what she used.  otherwise you get to choose unlesss you both can agree on what to use. 

if she filed first and used standard (or itemized)  and you used itemized (or stndard) then the IRS will probably change your return.   if you itemize , there should be some sort of agreement who gets what.  the IRS doen't like it if both claim the same deductions but in some cases they never know.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies