I’m having a problem with federal that I owe, can’...

dvargas1007

I’m having a problem with federal that I owe, can’t understand the amount I need to enter on line 11A

JohnW222

Can you add a little more information?  Line 11a of what form?  Are you getting an e-file reject, or is TurboTax saying you have a wrong entry?

JohnW222

I’ll assume that you’re referring to line 11a of Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request.

If it's at all possible, the amount you use on line 11a should be at least as much as the amount on line 10.  Please see the Instructions for Form 9465 for direction.

The IRS hopes that you can pay your tax debt within 72 months.  That's why you're computing the amount on line 10 -- to figure an amount that would pay off the debt within that period.

If you can't pay at least the amount on line 10, you'll need to complete Form 433-F, Collection Information Statement.

Please see the TurboTax blog Unable to Pay Your Tax Bill? Here’s What To-Dofor more information.