Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm getting upload failed when I try to upload my 2019 pdf into TT Self Employed. I want to use TTSE for 2020 Estimated tax submissions, but cant seem to get started

I'm upgrading to TTSE online to do this but dont want to have to retype all of my details... Need help quick
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I'm getting upload failed when I try to upload my 2019 pdf into TT Self Employed. I want to use TTSE for 2020 Estimated tax submissions, but cant seem to get started

What are you trying to do?  You cannot upload any 2019 return into 2019 Self-Employed online software.  How/where was the 2019 return you are trying to upload prepared?  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

ok...   2019 return was already submitted -- done.

Now self-employed so I need to use TTSE with QBSE to help with estimated tax submission.

So I want to ingest my 2019 return into TTSE so I can get started and it doesnt look like that is an option.

I need to deal with getting ready to file estimated taxes in 2 weeks!

I was hoping that TT and QB SE would be able to help me do it, but now I'm not as confident.

Hopefully that clarifies things??

Thanks for helping...

Joel

What did you use to do 2019?  A lower version?  Sorry you can't use qbse to help unless you are entering 2019 info into a new 2019 return.  You don't need it or the Self Employed version to prepare estimates.

To prepare estimates for next year you start with your current return, but be careful not to change anything.  For Online returns, if you can't get back into your return, Click on Add a State to let you back into your retun.

You can just type W4 in the search box at the top of your return , click on Find. Then Click on Jump To and it will take you to the estimated tax payments section. Say no to changing your W-4 and the next screen will start the estimated taxes section.

Or Go to….

Federal Taxes or Personal (Desktop H&B)

Other Tax Situations

Other Tax Forms

Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes - Click the Start or Update button

Or Here are the blank Estimates and instructions…..

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf

Here are the blank Estimates and instructions…..

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf

The 1040ES quarterly estimates are due April 15, 2020, June 15, Sept 15 and Jan 15, 2021.   The first quarter isnot due until July 15 this year.  Your state will also have their own estimate forms.

Or you can pay directly on the IRS website https://www.irs.gov/payments

Be sure to pick the right kind of payment and year.....2020 Estimate

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies