nk1402

I'm filing taxes by mail, but entered payment information online. I owe taxes in one state- will TurboTax still make the payment online or do I need to mail a check?

pk

TurboTax does not make any payments on your behalf. You have to choose direct debit  information or check included with your return ( paper-file only ).  OR you can go to www.irs.gov and look for payments   (EFTPS)--- there is a host of ways to pay there directly ( credit card, bank debit, debit card etc. )

leonardoans

Would a paper return with electronic funds withdrawal have to be filed to the address for "if you're enclosing a payment"? That's the address turbotax provided, but the instructions for the form say to file there if enclosing a money order or check payment, doesn't give instructions for electronic funds withdrawal.
pk

you can send your return to the address  " enclosing a payment" -- it will go to Bank of America for the check stripping and then go to the processing center. If you make the payment using EFTPS,  then the amount will show up on your account as if you had paid with direct debit or a check.  So just send in the return and use EFTPS --  suggested by the IRS