• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edward-borja

I’m filing injured spouse For return, I printed it out and on the last part it says it must be certified by a preparer but I did the tax myself online? Do I need it sign

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

I’m filing injured spouse For return, I printed it out and on the last part it says it must be certified by a preparer but I did the tax myself online? Do I need it sign

You are not required to have a paid preparer sign the injured spouse form. You should not complete the part IV signature section unless you are filing Form 8379 by itself and not with your tax return. If you are filing the form by itself, then you need to sign the injured spouse signature box just above the paid preparer box. Please view my (screenshot) below for reference.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

You are not required to have a paid preparer sign the injured spouse form. You should not complete the part IV signature section unless you are filing Form 8379 by itself and not with your tax return. If you are filing the form by itself, then you need to sign the injured spouse signature box just above the paid preparer box. Please view my (screenshot) below for reference.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v