edward-borja

I’m filing injured spouse For return, I printed it out and on the last part it says it must be certified by a preparer but I did the tax myself online? Do I need it sign

KatrinaB

You are not required to have a paid preparer sign the injured spouse form. You should not complete the part IV signature section unless you are filing Form 8379 by itself and not with your tax return. If you are filing the form by itself, then you need to sign the injured spouse signature box just above the paid preparer box. Please view my (screenshot) below for reference.

KatrinaB