turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm doing my son's taxes and his w2 is incorrect. According to his second week of October paycheck for 2017, his fica, ssi tx withhld, etc not correct. How do I proceed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm doing my son's taxes and his w2 is incorrect. According to his second week of October paycheck for 2017, his fica, ssi tx withhld, etc not correct. How do I proceed?

If the W-2 is incorrect contact the employer to get a corrected copy. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

If the W-2 is incorrect contact the employer to get a corrected copy. 

ModestaL

The best course of action is to request a corrected W-2 from your sons Employer as soon as possible. If it's listed incorrectly it could lead to an examination of your return by the IRS. 

"If your attempts to have the Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, corrected by your employer are unsuccessful, you can request that an IRS representative initiate a Form W-2 complaint."

Here's a link to the IRS website with more information about W-2 replacementhttps://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/w-2-additional-incorrect-lost-non-receipt-omitted/w-2-additi...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies