Solved: I'm an actor who goes on several interviews a week in the hopes of landing a contract. I have a subscription to a clothing service--

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm an actor who goes on several interviews a week in the hopes of landing a contract. I have a subscription to a clothing service--

I have a subscription to a clothing service which sends me clothing at a flat rate monthly (but is rented not owned by me) for the purposes of these interviews or job seeking. Or booking situations where I have to provide my own costume. I have a LeTote subscription, and am a full time actor. I do not use the clothes for personal wear outside of job interviews and extremely formal affairs/ networking events/ red carpets, etc... Could this service be deducted under miscellaneous? 
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 5

I'm an actor who goes on several interviews a week in the hopes of landing a contract. I have a subscription to a clothing service--

Unfortunately, you cannot deduct that cost.  However, if you actually had to rent or purchase a "costume" (that is period related or unlike normal clothing you could wear) that would be deductible.  The other clothing that "could" be worn outside of your interviews, even if you don't, is not a deductible expense.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 5

Unfortunately, you cannot deduct that cost.  However, if you actually had to rent or purchase a "costume" (that is period related or unlike normal clothing you could wear) that would be deductible.  The other clothing that "could" be worn outside of your interviews, even if you don't, is not a deductible expense.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings