I'm 69, my birth date has been entered for years, TurboTax did NOT select 1040-SR, Why?

One user posted this....

If you use the Desktop program you can switch to forms and the Info Wks part II has a selection for 1040 or 1040SR.

No way to know.  It really doesn't matter.  They are exactly the same.  The 1040SR just has larger type.  If you are using the Desktop program there is a way to force either one.

So how do you force one or the other on the desktop version? It did not pick 1040SR for my mom's return either, and she is 89.

One user posted this....

Here's a screen shot from my Desktop program.

1040SR Force.jpg