Solved: I'm 22 and had a FT job for 4 mths. I'm currently unemployed and living with my mother, have all year. She pays rent and most bills. Am I still considered a dependent?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm 22 and had a FT job for 4 mths. I'm currently unemployed and living with my mother, have all year. She pays rent and most bills. Am I still considered a dependent?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I'm 22 and had a FT job for 4 mths. I'm currently unemployed and living with my mother, have all year. She pays rent and most bills. Am I still considered a dependent?

If you were not a full time student for any 5 months in 2016 and your gross income for the year was $4,050 or more then you cannot be claimed as a dependent.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

If you were not a full time student for any 5 months in 2016 and your gross income for the year was $4,050 or more then you cannot be claimed as a dependent.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings