pratikmahajan2

I left USA last year in Dec 2016, but my employer paid my leave allowances in Jan 2017. For that I would have one W2. Can I file 2017 taxes as regular and claim the tax return

Income is reported and taxed when it is actually received, even if it was earned in a different year.  You should expect a W-2 from that employer (make sure they have your current address, if you have moved).  You will include that income along with any other income and deductions on a tax return for 2017, which you can file after you receive your tax documents and before April 15, 2018.