turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I keep getting a rejected message on my taxes. I change the birthdate and it changes back to the wrong one.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

I keep getting a rejected message on my taxes. I change the birthdate and it changes back to the wrong one.

Instead of changing your birthday on the rejection screen where it keeps changing it back, change your birthday under the My Info (left menu) tab.  This is where it needs to be corrected.  Sign in to your return, click on Take me to my return, and then select My Info on the left.   Click Edit (all the way to the right of the screen) next to your name and change your birthday there.  Then when you go to e-file, your birthday will match and you won't get rejected.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anita01

Delete the person or dependent and enter them again.  If it's not a dependent, delete the birth date, close the return, sign back in and open again, go back  to the person in question and enter a new birth date
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Instead of changing your birthday on the rejection screen where it keeps changing it back, change your birthday under the My Info (left menu) tab.  This is where it needs to be corrected.  Sign in to your return, click on Take me to my return, and then select My Info on the left.   Click Edit (all the way to the right of the screen) next to your name and change your birthday there.  Then when you go to e-file, your birthday will match and you won't get rejected.  

Ara2
Returning Member

I need to change my birthday 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the solution above your post for the birthday rejection issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies