skuguki

I just got mail from the state saying that my account number to pay my taxes was incorrect and I need to change the number before my federal payment is made in April.

I scheduled my state taxes to be paid now and my federal to be paid in April. I'm hoping to correct the account number before my scheduled payment.

IsabellaG

You can't change your bank account information once you've filed your return and it has been accepted. If the account that you selected is incorrect, you can go to the IRS website on or before April 18, 2017 and make your payment directly.

IsabellaG