• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macho81

I just filed 2018 taxes and am waiting to see if they are approved. I havent filed 2019 yet. Is it to late to file and still receive a stimulus check?

4 Replies
macuser_22
Level 15

I just filed 2018 taxes and am waiting to see if they are approved. I havent filed 2019 yet. Is it to late to file and still receive a stimulus check?

Because 2018 tax returns can only be mailed and the IRS has stopped processing all mailed returns due to the coronevirus it is likely to be a long wait for 2018 to be processed.    You can still file your 2019 tax return and use 0 (zero) for your 2018 AGI.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
macho81

They started sanding stimulus checks already.  If I file 2019 right now and it is accepted, will I still qualify for a stimulus check?

VolvoGirl
Level 15

I don't know about the Stimulus Checks but have a question for you.  How did you just file 2018?  Did you buy and install the 2018 Desktop program and mail in the 2018 return?  Because if you used the Online version and efiled it is only for 2019 returns.  So you may have filed your 2018 as a 2019 return.

macuser_22
Level 15

Yes you should.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v