macho81

I just filed 2018 taxes and am waiting to see if they are approved. I havent filed 2019 yet. Is it to late to file and still receive a stimulus check?

macuser_22

Because 2018 tax returns can only be mailed and the IRS has stopped processing all mailed returns due to the coronevirus it is likely to be a long wait for 2018 to be processed.    You can still file your 2019 tax return and use 0 (zero) for your 2018 AGI.

macho81

They started sanding stimulus checks already.  If I file 2019 right now and it is accepted, will I still qualify for a stimulus check?

I don't know about the Stimulus Checks but have a question for you.  How did you just file 2018?  Did you buy and install the 2018 Desktop program and mail in the 2018 return?  Because if you used the Online version and efiled it is only for 2019 returns.  So you may have filed your 2018 as a 2019 return.

macuser_22

Yes you should.