Solved: I just efiled for 2016. I put in the wrong number for how many years my son has claimed the college credit. I said 1 time, but it has been 2 times. Is this a problem?

dvbtaxpayer

I just efiled for 2016. I put in the wrong number for how many years my son has claimed the college credit. I said 1 time, but it has been 2 times. Is this a problem?

He won't be claiming it for more than 4 years, as he will graduate on time...

Fern

No. There would be no change to your tax return for this correction. The important thing is that you can only take the American Opportunity credit or Hope credit 4 times.

Fern