I just earn foreign income, so I skipped the W2, a...

nyoungb2

I just earn foreign income, so I skipped the W2, and got a "Form 1040 has zero values in following lines", preventing e-filing. Going back and clicking "skip w2" fails

If you have excluded all of your foreign earned income for being taxable and you have not entered any other taxable income on the tax return, then the return cannot be e-filed with no taxable income entered.

However, if you add $1 of interest income it can be e-filed.  On the Form 1099-INT enter any name for the payer of the interest and in box 1 of the form enter $1. This is an acceptable work around allowed by the IRS.

Enter 1099-int in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-int