Solved: I hit the transmit my returns now button and it wont do anything

jseymour05

I hit the transmit my returns now button and it wont do anything

mesquitebean

If your "Transmit My Returns Now" button is not working, it may be due to a CAPTCHA not appearing, where one would need to checkmark "I am not a robot."

NOTE:   Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers?   If so, that may be blocking the CAPTCHA.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:

• First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything.
  • If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the CAPTCHA will appear.
  • Log in and try again.
  • If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").
  • Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again.
Or see if trying a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

mesquitebean

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:

• Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Log in and try again.

bjjeff69

Check for errors and internet connection
BBaldwin1

This did not work

saguarodream

Logging out and clearing the browser Internet cache worked for me!  Thank you, mesquitebean!!!

unkraut55

This did not work for me. I've tried everything, clearing cache, enabling cookies, refreshing the browser, trying a different browser. Something is wrong with the reCaptcha robot. may have to go old school, and just mail the return.

LG0425

I'm having the same problem.  Tried with Chrome, Firefox and Safari.  Deleting cookies, clearing history, allowing everything under the sun as far as pop-ups go, and opening in various private windows - nothing works.  It has to be the reCAPTCHA tool not working through the TurboTax web app.  Effectively held hostage by this **bleep** thing and not very happy with TT at the moment.  I'm hoping that they're on top of this and it will be fixed soon.

EbonyA

@unkraut55 @LG0425 Please review all the solutions and tips in the following FAQ: Transmit Returns Issue.

LG0425

I'm sure that these instructions usually work, but there is something wrong with reCAPTCHA.  I downloaded the TurboTax App for the iPhone and it doesn't work there either.  Oh, and add Microsoft Edge to the list of browsers that I've tried.  Please get your Tech team working on this ASAP.

LG0425

The reCAPTCHA sub-function seems to be working again.  This was extremely frustrating.