Solved: I helped a friend with Turbor Tax Deluxe. She does not have last years adjusted gross income to efile. Can she efile some other way?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernest5949

I helped a friend with Turbor Tax Deluxe. She does not have last years adjusted gross income to efile. Can she efile some other way?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
FaithY

I helped a friend with Turbor Tax Deluxe. She does not have last years adjusted gross income to efile. Can she efile some other way?

Yes. She can use her self selected PIN instead of her adjusted gross income. She would have chosen the PIN when filing her tax return last year.

If your friend doesn't have access to last year's tax return to see her adjusted gross income, she can request last year's tax transcript from IRS.gov. The tax transcript will show the AGI (adjusted gross income). 

When requesting the transcript from IRS.gov you need to choose the tax return transcript type when making your request. Click here for a link to IRS.gov's get transcript page.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FaithY

Yes. She can use her self selected PIN instead of her adjusted gross income. She would have chosen the PIN when filing her tax return last year.

If your friend doesn't have access to last year's tax return to see her adjusted gross income, she can request last year's tax transcript from IRS.gov. The tax transcript will show the AGI (adjusted gross income). 

When requesting the transcript from IRS.gov you need to choose the tax return transcript type when making your request. Click here for a link to IRS.gov's get transcript page.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings