jdfjinzo

I have worked all year at the same company. I have a W-2 from each, but one (contractor) shows an incorrect IL address. Can I file as though both are from one state?

All wages were earned in WI, but the contractor agency never updated my address when i moved. 

TomD8

If you moved during 2016, you must file a part-year resident return in each of the two states.  This TurboTax FAQ explains the process:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901227-how-do-i-file-a-part-year-state-return

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8

TomD8

You only have to file a WI tax return.  Don't worry about the old address on the W-2.  You'll be OK as long as your name and SSN are correct.  Enter your current mailing address in the Mailing Address section of Personal Info.
jdfjinzo

I have also been living in WI all of 2016, and the company is also in WI, Contractor I went through for job also in WI. Just on the older W-2 it has an older address, that is a different state.