leona1aa

I have very little time to get a corrected W-2 what should I do?

I am about to head back to college and I have no ability to get a corrected W-2 to finish my taxes before i go back
what should I do?

ChristinaS

$3933.15 times 6.2% is $244. Change box 4 to $244 in Turbo Tax.

It doesn't make sense that your employer withheld c 11.2%, however. Are you looking at your actual W2, the paper copy?

You are not required to pursue the excess withholding, and you don't do so on your tax return when it involves one employer. To file your return, just make the number what it should be.

If you want to pursue this, just take it up with your employer. You don't really need to wait until the W2 is amended, as the excess withholding would not impact your tax return anyway.

ChristinaS

What's wrong with your W2? Please give us some more information on what your issue is about.
leona1aa

my Social Security tax withheld was too much
ChristinaS

Really? That's quite unusual. What are the SS wages and SS tax on your W2? (Box 3 and 4) You mind telling me the numbers?
leona1aa

3933.15 and 441.02
ChristinaS