I have using Turbotax for years for me and my family. I purchased it this year online and can only do one tax return. Normally I can do up to five. why?

If I have already purchased turbotax and completed a tax return online what do I do?

This has not changed. In the past, you purchased the cd/download version. In that program, you can complete five federal returns. In the online version, you can only complete one federal return plus up to five state returns per User ID.

In the online version, each tax return requires a separate account with a separate username and password, but you can use the same email address for all of them.