turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mark86
Returning Member

I have Turbo Tax Home and Business and Form 8995 is supposed to be available but won't update. What do I need to do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I have Turbo Tax Home and Business and Form 8995 is supposed to be available but won't update. What do I need to do?

You need to update your program first. 

If you are using the TurboTax CD/Download software program, open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mark86
Returning Member

Yes, I did the  "Check for Updates" and also tried to do the manual update file.  The manual update file says that I don't have Turbo Tax 2019 installed.  Other people have had this problem, but there never is a solution posted to fix it.  I have used Turbo Tax for over 20 years, so I am familiar with how to update.  I have uninstalled the software, re-installed, ran the program to fix or check for problems.  Nothing works.  Software never shows and update and the Form 8995 won't show as being allowed to be filed.  There is some "bug" but no one seems to have the fix posted. 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I have the Desktop Home and Business software and if I go to FORMS and in the left corner select Open Form.  I'm able to bring form 8995 "Qualified Business Income Deduction Simplified Computation" up.

I was also able to get 8995-A "Qualified Business Income Deduction".

Both of these forms are available on my desktop.

Mark86
Returning Member

The forms show up and contains data in my software, but when I run the "error check"  it says that the form is not yet finalized to be released.  The form also shows in red print at the top "do not file".   When I looked into this error, I am told to run the update for the software, but it never updates to correct the form error.  Then I was told to try the manual update - I downloaded the file and when I run it, it indicates that I do not have Turbo Tax 2019 installed.  So basically, my software will not perform the update.  It has some "bug" in it.  I have tried to re-install and many different things - have spent hours trying to resolve.  My only way to get around is to go into the form and over-ride the data in the form as a delete or blank, then the form disappears, by doing this it does not affect the tax due amount, but I really should file the form.  Oh well, I am going to file with out the form and see what happens.  My state download works perfect, and updates, the federal doesn't seem to update - I have no update history for the federal software where as my state software shows an update history.  Others have had this problem too, I guess they just did what I'm going to do and blank out the form.

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Customer Service if you are still experiencing this issue:  Customer Service/Product Support Contact Info

@Mark86

docjon49
Returning Member

Cannot get to human on support link. cannot get past que.
Any suggestions ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies