I have TT Premier download - I am getting a messag...

pglennbradley

I have TT Premier download - I am getting a message that several forms are not ready. This cant be right on Oct 12. How can I remedy?

TurboTax is saying forms are not ready. How can I remedy?

ALL the forms have been ready for months.  Did you update your software?

pglennbradley

Yes, I did update (several times). 

If your program says it's up to date or you can't update it then do the Manual Update.  This has also fixed the State forms not available problem for some users.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

See if these 2 support articles help

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/there-is-an-update-available-for-your-version-of-t...

And can't install state, state looping

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

pglennbradley

How can I tell if it is not actually updating?

pglennbradley

OK, to close the loop and hopefully provide knowledge to others who encounter this situation--I found out my problem was that I must have downloaded a bootleg copy of the program that was made earlier in the year. Because it was not authentic, it could not update. Buyer beware.

@pglennbradley Yikes....we do warn people about buying software from sites that have prices too low to seem true---can you tell us the name of the site you downloaded from so it be on our "radar?"