temtom09bills

I have temporary custody of my 15 year old and 11 year old cousins for almost 7 months. can I claim them because I have had no help with anything

Texas Roger

There are two types of dependents--qualifying child and qualifying relative. Unfortunately you cannot claim them as either type of dependent. You cannot claim them as qualifying child dependents because they do not meet the relationship test.  A cousin is not allowed to be claimed as a qualifying child. You cannot claim them as qualifying relative dependents because they did not live with you the entire year.

Texas Roger