turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

whippledl

I have started my 2018 return using TurboTax Premier from a CD. Can I upload that *.tax2018 file to continue by using Premier Online and then upgrade to Premier Live?

I have put considerable effort into entering info into my 2018 return using the Premier product from a CD. I'm interested in having access to help through Live but wasn't aware that access required starting with the on-line version.  I would like to avoid having to redo the work I've completed to go to Premier On-line. Is transferring the *.tax2018 file I've created using the CD version transferable to the Premier On-line version (apparently you can transfer prior year files)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have started my 2018 return using TurboTax Premier from a CD. Can I upload that *.tax2018 file to continue by using Premier Online and then upgrade to Premier Live?

Sorry no.  Not from the current year Desktop program TO online.

You can only move an online return into the Desktop program.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Sorry no.  Not from the current year Desktop program TO online.

You can only move an online return into the Desktop program.

And if you use Online you will have to pay again.  And the Desktop program has more features and advantages over Online except for the Live help.
whippledl

RATS! …. but thanks for the quick response.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies