gozziman34

I have received payment in January for the work period of December and part November, this payments are not included in the 2016 W2. what can I do if I want to add them

This payment result in the new tax period for 2017.
I need to have them reported to the IRS for the right period.
Please help me resolve this matter.

DexterS

Sorry, there's nothing you can do.  Payroll is always based upon the date of the paycheck not the pay period when the money is earned.

You could complain to the state department of labor. Employers should not make you wait to get paid, but it's not going to change your tax filing for this year.

DexterS