turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have not been making quarterly self employment tax payment. Where does it show my self employment tax owed and how do I pay?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM

I have not been making quarterly self employment tax payment. Where does it show my self employment tax owed and how do I pay?

Your SE tax will be added to the tax return, so it will be factored into your bottom line.  Then if you owe money on the tax return, you'll just write one check.  You don't pay it separately.

SE tax appears on line 57 of the 1040, in the Other Taxes section of the return.  Also, you get a deduction for half of it on page 1, line 27.

If you're still working on the return, you can view the 2-page 1040 by going into the upper margin of the screen and clicking on My Account.  Then select Tools from the dropdown menu.  Click on the first item in the list of Other Helpful Links, View Tax Summary.  Next, look above the summary page and select Preview My 1040.  Then you can check the line numbers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasM

Your SE tax will be added to the tax return, so it will be factored into your bottom line.  Then if you owe money on the tax return, you'll just write one check.  You don't pay it separately.

SE tax appears on line 57 of the 1040, in the Other Taxes section of the return.  Also, you get a deduction for half of it on page 1, line 27.

If you're still working on the return, you can view the 2-page 1040 by going into the upper margin of the screen and clicking on My Account.  Then select Tools from the dropdown menu.  Click on the first item in the list of Other Helpful Links, View Tax Summary.  Next, look above the summary page and select Preview My 1040.  Then you can check the line numbers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies