jessicacarleton

I have no federal offset and the IRS said they sent TurboTax my full 5100 tax return so where is my missing $3,000

mesquitebean

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, your funds will first go from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.  At the intermediary bank the fees are subtracted, then the rest of your funds are sent on to your bank (or prepaid debit card) in a second deposit.  The company that handles that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

Less commonly there can be delays at the intermediary bank, and additional ID info, etc. might be required.

If for any reason the second deposit fails (the one that is actually to your bank or card), it will bounce back to SBTPG's bank who will issue you a paper check in the mail.

Once the IRS has released your funds, you can log in to your temporary account at SBTPG to see the status of your funds.

To log in, choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link.   Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

mesquitebean

So did you speak to someone at the IRS, and they mentioned TurboTax?

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you paid out of your Federal refund?   I know the fees weren't $3,000.  But if you used that service to pay fees, I can tell you how to log into your temporary account at the intermediary company (Santa Barbara Tax Products, aka SBTPG)  to see if it shows what they received from the IRS and how they are handling it.  And there will also be a phone contact for their customer support.
jessicacarleton

Yes, they (the irs) said the full $5146 was deposited into a turbotax bank account. They confirm that with me when they were verifying my bank account number and realize they had TurboTax is account number for me. I did pay my fees from my federal refund but it was only $76 and when I login to TurboTax it says that my $5,146 was paid
mesquitebean

"when I login to TurboTax it says that my $5,146 was paid"

What are you referring to?  The TurboTax account will not know what the IRS ultimately paid.  It does not get feedback from the IRS with any specific information.

What is the final destination for your refund--a bank account or a prepaid card?

I'll tell you how to check with the intermediary company (SBTPG) who processes all that below.
mesquitebean

https://www.sbtpg.com/