zenaidareid

I have my mom I support with my brother and I have filled out the form 2120 but she lives in Puerto Rico and gets social security. Can I claim her with her address in PR?

together we both pay more than half to support her.

Phillip1

Yes.

Citizens of Puerto Rico are US citizens. Dependent individuals that are Puerto Rican citizens pass the Citizen or Resident Test

As long as she meets all of the requirements for a qualifying relative dependent, you or your brother can claim her as a dependent under a multiple support agreement.

Phillip1

Yes.

melissaa7221

Also I read I’m suppose to have a signed statement from each eligible person. Am I suppose to send that letter with tax form 2120 or keep for my records? If I am suppose to send with form 2120 how do I send it to IRS if I’m efiling?
Phillip1

You keep the statements and file Form 2120 with the IRS