turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

elsayer

Kredit Karma (and others) are offering free tax return service even if you have a 1099-misc and want to attach a schedule C. Turbo Tax Free won’t let you. That’s dumb.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Kredit Karma (and others) are offering free tax return service even if you have a 1099-misc and want to attach a schedule C. Turbo Tax Free won’t let you. That’s dumb.

You should qualify for the Free File website.  In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website.  Click on the bottom Orange button I Qualify Start Now and set up a NEW account or it will take you back to regular Turbo Tax 

http://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/ 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Do you qualify for the TurboTax Freedom Edition?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/</a>
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
elsayer

I made less than 2000 dollars last hear and it was freelance work for amazon flex so a 1099-misc was issued. Since it is a 1099-misc turbo tax says I have to upgrade since it bust be a business. I can understand a more complicated return but TurboTax does not care on the complexity of the 1099-misc just that if you have one you have to upgrade. My tax return is still very simple even with a 1099-misc. They need to ask more questions before saying nope turbo tax free can’t be used and you. It’s upgrade when others are offering it for FREE.

@VolvoGirl  will the Freedom Edition allow a Sch C?  I looked at their website to see who qualified for it, but it only asked if you make less than 34,000...I don't see a list of forms they include for free.

Yes.  There is a list of forms.  Scroll down it says Most Forms Supported with a blue link to click on
elsayer

You say that but when I say I have a 1099-misc the screen says you need to upgrade. I tried to delete my return and start over but as soon as it asked what I have and I click 1099-misc it says I need to upgrade to deluxe or business. So I used Kredit Carma.

You needed to go to the OTHER FREE FILE website that I posted below and start a brand new account with a new username and password.  .
elsayer

I have filed taxes with you for the past 10 years. I did use the link to access the free edition same issue. I should not have to create a new account every time I use free edition. I knew I was on free as it said in on the left BUT as soon as it asked what I had and clicked a 1099-misc it forced me to upgrade From FREE.

To use the edition that allows a Sch C for FREE, you need to create a new account.
elsayer

Dumb. Plain and simple. You guys make it to hard.

You should qualify for the Free File website.  In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website.  Click on the bottom Orange button I Qualify Start Now and set up a NEW account or it will take you back to regular Turbo Tax 

http://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies