tiphayes3

I have filed 5 of my 8 state taxes and turbo tax will not take the other 3 how do I get the forms to file and mail them in or can I do it by e-filling them IN, IL , MN

DanielV01

It depends.  For more than 5 states it is best to use the desktop software, since you can create an "electronic filing" account and then a "mail-in" account to handle all of the states.  You can still decide to get the desktop software and re-prepare the original return, and then only include the remaining states you have not yet filed.  However, you would do so as a mail-in return and only print and mail-in the states you need.  Here's an FAQ that discusses further how TurboTax handles this:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3420559

Your other alternative would be to visit each state's website.  Some states do have direct e-filing options, and all have printable forms that you can download for use if you wish.  This website can assist you to get to each state website quickly:  State Tax Agencies - Federation of Tax Administrators

Unfortunately, there's no "easy" way to prepare that number of individual state returns, but I do hope that this was of some guidance.  Feel free to comment with any questions if we can be of further assistance.

DanielV01