I have contributed to my traditional IRA for the f...

wylierr

I have contributed to my traditional IRA for the first time I contributed to it since retirement. TT is asking for my IRA value, never has before. Is this new? never has before.

macuser_22

A possibility is that you contributed more then your taxable compensation and are subject to a penalty if the value of the IRA is more than zero at years end.   The last screen of the IRA contribution interview will tell you if that is the case.

Are you over 70 and taking the RMD?  Have you ever made any non deductible contributions?  If you are retired you need earned income from W2 wages or self employment income to contribute to an IRA.