grammyov3

I have Christian Healthcare Ministries insurance, it makes me exempt from the affordable care act. How do I put that on my tax form? I have an exemption form 8965 .

ChristinaS

To report your exemption from the ACA penalty, follow these steps:

• Go to Federal Taxes, Health Insurance
  • indicate that you didn't have insurance (you select this for your situation)
  • On the next screen, you'll see the checkbox you are looking for under

Wasn't required to have insurance- Health care sharing ministry member.

Check that, and your 8965 is completed accordingly.

ChristinaS

• Go to Federal Taxes, Health Insurance

hcsactg

How do I report that I was a member for a partial year?
ChristinaS

When you indicate any of the exceptions, the next screen asks which months the exception(s) would apply to. It will ask, "Select the months you were part of a health care sharing ministry". You select the months for any of the exceptions for coverage that you are using.