4400font--

I have been credited with a $425.00 "extension payment " on My state return. I did not make this payment. How do I remove it from my return?

DawnC0

Since you are using the desktop software, you can use  Forms Mode to remove the payment.  The state forms are at the bottom of the list when you click on FORMS in the upper right corner.  Find your state return, last page if more than 1.  Scroll down to the withholdings and payments and see if you can locate and remove it from there.  

The other option would be to go back and review this section in the Federal interview.  Extension payments are recorded in the federal section even if they are for state payments.  So, go back through this area if the above option was unsuccessful.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can type estimates paid in the search box at the top of your return and click Find, then use the Jump to link to get to the section you need to adjust or you can click on:

• Federal Taxes (top menu) >>
  • Deductions and Credits >>
  • I'll Choose What I Work on >>
  • Scroll to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid, see attached image >>
  • Other Income Taxes - Click the Start or Update button >>
  • Payments with Extension
  • Visit All

To fully remove the payment on the state return, you will need to revisit the state return and click through the screens.  
When you are done updating your federal return, you need to transfer the new federal information by going back to the STATE TAXES and go through the state return again.  Nothing will change until you transfer the federal info to the state again.