turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vanhaln63

I have an Uber business that I didn't drive because of the risks during the pandemic and want to know what my options are for filing?

What are my options from losses suffered by not driving during the pandemic?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have an Uber business that I didn't drive because of the risks during the pandemic and want to know what my options are for filing?

You have less income subject to tax.  If you received unemployment compensation then it is taxable and must be entered.  We can give you more details on that if you need it.  Visit the Earned Income section --- there is a "look back" that might help you---- you get a choice as to whether to use your 2019 or 2020 income in order to get the earned income credit.  

If you did not receive all of the stimulus money you could have received make sure you go through the recovery rebate credit in Other Tax Situations.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
MinhT1
Employee Tax Expert

Losses result from business costs you actually incurred while not driving for Uber.

Missed income cannot be claimed as losses.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies