Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
markfavale

I have an LLC and I would like to use turbotax to do the taxes for it. Must I pay upfront, or can I pay when I file (like I do my personal taxes)? I have quickbooks.

MollsBBU

If you are a single-member LLC treated as a sole proprietorship, you may use the online platform (please note: QuickBooks import is not supported in the online experience). Your Schedule C and other applicable forms will be generated with your personal taxes, and you may just pay before you file.

Alternatively, if you'd like the program downloaded to your computer (to work offline), this would require payment before download. QuickBooks data import is supported in this platform, if you have a Windows computer.

If you own an interest in a multiple-member LLC (or a partnership, S corporation or C corporation), you will need to file your personal taxes separately from your business taxes. To file these business taxes, you will need TurboTax Business (only available as a Windows operating system downloaded product), which requires payment before downloading or receiving a CD. QuickBooks data import is supported in this platform.