leticia62785

I have an itin. my 2015 w2 as a social ( used for working onky). And my 2016 w2 has my itin on it. when i fill out the w2 in the system, which one will i imput??

I started my return with my itin, becuase i have an itin, but my w2 has the fictious social i use for work, so when filling out the w2 info on the system i put the social as it appears on the w2. But then on my 2016 w2 it has my itin so i put the itin when filling out the w2 form. Am i supposed to use the social for both or the itin for both. Or do i go by whatever the w2s have?  I am mailing my returns so i am affraid they will come back. 

nhicks4

File the return using your itin.  Fill out the W2 form using whatever appears on the W2, even if differs from the itin.