awesome1

I have an approved extension for 2020. Question regarding e-file and payment.

How do I e-file my return? I have already paid taxes due for both federal and state return. Does turbotax ask for this information prior to e-filing both federal and state (CA)?

I am using the CD Software (Windows).

When you requested your extension you were supposed to pay your estimated tax due.  Did you enter the payment you made into your tax return?  Go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>Other Income Taxes 

You can e-file  your 2020 up until October 15, 2021.   After that, e-filing will close and you would have to print sign and mail the returns.

awesome1

Thanks. This is what I was looking for.