benjaminbrouwer

I have already paid Federal employment taxes for a household employee. Where do I report those payments so I don't have to pay again?

PatriciaR

Enter the amount of your withholding for your Household Employee in Estimates and Other Taxes Paid.  Follow these steps:

• After you finish entering your information in the Nanny and Household Employee Tax section,
  • In the Search box (upper right of program) search "estimates paid" and select the "Jump to" link from results
  • Select Federal estimates taxes for 2016 and enter the amounts you paid quarterly for your household employee

NOTE

If you filed a 940/941 and paid the tax, you do not file a schedule H at all.  See IRS Pub 926 page 11: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p926.pdf  Business employment tax returns. Don't use Schedule H if you choose to pay the employment taxes for your household employee with business or farm employment  taxes. (See Payment option for business employers, earlier.)  Instead, include the social security, Medicare, and withheld federal income taxes for the employee on the Form 941 or Form 944 you file for your business or on the Form 943 you file for your farm. Include the FUTA tax for the employee on your Form 940.

PatriciaR

NOTE